Simpson Hybrid PRO LITE
Simpson Hybrid devices are the only FIA 8858-2010 approved Head and Neck Restraint on the market that protect during front, offset and side impacts. Designed for easily exiting the car without the danger of getting hung up on other gear, the device sits on your back/shoulders, not over the chest or collarbone as with the old HANS-type devices. Plus, they provide you with maximum comfort and manoeuvrability.
The Hybrid Pro Lite, is the lightest Hybrid Frontal Head Restraint available. The device features a powerful design that is 30% lighter than the original Hybrid Pro. Made in the USA of ultralight, high quality carbon and with the lowest profile in the industry. The Hybrid Pro Lite features an efficient tether system design that results in smooth side to side motion. A thinner back plate, encapsulated tie plates and graceful tether grooves, all come together and provide a multi-tasking device that protects with proven, tested, and tested again technology. A full size range of XS-XL provides a comfortable, custom-like fit for all racers.
Chuck Davies, CEO of Simpson Performance Products, said: "Simpson Hybrid restraints endure rigorous testing to ensure they will perform and protect in real-world racing conditions. We are extremely proud of the new Hybrid Pro Lite and the significant advantages it offers the racer"
- ‘Slide’ design offers increased visibility
- High quality carbon fibre construction
- Unrivalled angular impact protection and device stability
- Low profile. No high back to hook on the bars on exit
- Minimalistic design. Compact size under 7“
- Multiple load paths to dissipate head loads
- Buckle attachment in front. No bulky straps underneath
The Hybrid Pro Lite is supplied ready to fit to your existing FIA Hans posts or can be specified with optional M61 quick release tethers / anchors. These M61 anchors are fitted in place of your original Hans posts. Both the M61 helmet anchors and the quick release tethers / straps are included with the M61 - Quick Release Option.
- HANS - Post Anchor - These tethers allow the driver to use the Hybrid device with helmets that have standard fitment HANS anchors already fitted (or the correct approval to retro-fit anchors). Approved for helmets FIA 8858-2002 / FIA 8858-2010 standard or higher.
- M61 - Quick Release - These tethers allow the driver to release the restraint by a simple pull on the cord attached to the helmet. Approved for helmets FIA 8858-2010 standard or higher. Ideal for Rallying where the helmet may be taken on and off more frequently (i.e. between stages).
Approximate weight: 850 grams complete
FIA 8858-2010 approved